How Safe Is Your Community
Sadly, crime may be a factor anywhere a person chooses to live. Because of this it is not possible for Mid-America to say whether or not the area is safe. We attempt to minimize risk by making reasonable efforts to inform our residents of significant criminal situations that have occurred as we are notified. Local law enforcement may be contact for any specific questions. The ultimate evaluation concerning the safeness of this community is a personal one that only you can determine. Residents of this community are encouraged to notify us in writing of any criminal activity that may affect the community.
Protecting Yourself & Your Property
- Check your smoke detector periodically to ensure that it is working.
- Grilling is not allowed on any patios or within 25 feet of any building.
- Do not leave lit candles or an active fireplace unattended. Do not leave your
stove unattended while cooking.
- Keep doors and windows locked at all times, even when you are at home.
- Utilize the deadbolts in your home.
- Report any door and window lock malfunction to the office immediately.
- Never sleep with doors or windows unlocked or open.
- Never open your door to anyone you do not know. Use the peephole in the door.
- Never leave children inside/outside your apartment without appropriate supervision.
- Never allow children to play near open windows, to ensure that they don’t fall out.
- Report any solicitors to the property office. Solicitation is not permitted at the
community, unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- Lock your apartment securely before leaving. Do not leave your apartment
unlocked, even for just a quick errand.
- Try not to walk alone at night.
- Do not hide a key under the doormat or around the door.